Here’s how to set yourself up for success in the new year.
Guess what? You get to choose the way you show up in 2016. Barring certain life circumstances, you can set the tone for personal and professional experiences. Whether you are conscious of this or not, you DO set the tone for your experiences.
Think about this as you look back on last year.
- Was it a good year?
- What tone did I set for the year, and how did it play out?
- What am I grateful for, and what do I appreciate about last year?
- What is there for me to acknowledge about myself in 2015?
- How would I rate 2015 on a scale of 1 to 10—personally and professionally?
- What would have made 2015 an 11 out of 10?
As you think about 2016, what tone do you want to set? How do you want to experience 2016? How do you want people to experience YOU in 2016? (Think of it as creating your personal brand.)
- As you look ahead to 2016, what excites you?
- What are your key goals and objectives for 2016?
- What state of being will best serve you in 2016?
- Where and how do you want to stretch yourself in 2016?
- What will make 2016 an 11 out of 10 year for you, both personally and professionally?
Climb ev’ry mountain,
Ford ev’ry stream,
Follow ev’ry rainbow,
’Til you find your dream.
Finally, what is a possible theme for the year that could serve as a structure to lock in a SUCCESSFUL 2016? Think about a song, movie, book, or TV show.
I’ve given this a lot of thought, and I’ve picked a song with rich meaning and memories—Climb Ev’ry Mountain by Rodgers and Hammerstein. How well I remember going to the theater with my mom to see The Sound of Music and leaving the movie singing at the top of my lungs.
Want some help focusing in on your theme for 2016? Call 541.601.0114 or email me for a complimentary coaching session. Now’s the time to get clarity for a great new year. Cheers!